Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (MEES)
Microsoft License Rights
- Eligibility Requirements.
You must be an accredited educational institution in order to qualify for the Campus or School Agreement Programs. Educational institutions are defined as an accredited K - 12 education institution or higher education institution organized and operated exclusively for the purpose of teaching its students. An accredited institution must be a public or private K-12, vocational school, correspondence school, junior college, university, or scientific or technical school, meeting all of the following criteria: (i) organized and operated exclusively for the purpose of teaching its K-12 or higher education students; and (ii) institutionally accredited by a Regional Institutional Accrediting Agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education. In addition, open access labs and other resource support centers do not qualify as individual departments under the Campus Agreement Program. Participating departments must be organized and operated exclusively for the purpose of teaching its students.
You have identified the software to be run by your users on a Campus Agreement or School Agreement subscription order form, which also indicates the specific licensed period for such software. Upon confirmation of your order(s), you are licensed to have your users run the software as specifically permitted in the product use rights located at www.microsoft.com/education/license/terms.asp, which are part of these license rights and incorporated by this reference. If you are unable to access the product use rights from the web location listed above, please let us know and we will provide you with a copy. We may need to change these license rights from time to time (e.g. to accommodate the addition or deletion of software products or the introduction of new versions of existing software products). We may do so at any time, and periodically, without notice. However, during the applicable licensed period, no such change will retroactively alter the terms under which your users may run software.
To the extent there is any inconsistency between the provisions contained in sections 1-10 of these license rights and the terms and conditions contained in the product use rights, the terms and conditions of sections 1-10 of these license rights control.
- Renewing Subscriptions.
We will not increase the license prices we charge your reseller for a renewing subscription order by more than ten percent (10%), if (i) you complete and submit a renewing subscription order form prior to the expiration of the subscription order form to which these license rights apply, and (ii) such renewing subscription order form is confirmed for the same software in substantially the same quantities as ordered in the expiring subscription order form. Additionally, at any time during the term of a subscription order form, but not after its termination or expiration, you can convert your temporary licenses to run the software to perpetual licenses in such quantities and selections as you choose ("subscription buyout option"). Contact your reseller to exercise the subscription buyout option.
The right to run the software is limited as follows:
- We do not assign any copyright. Your right to have your users run the software is expressly limited to the rights described in your agreement.
- If the software is made up of components, neither you nor your users may separate the components by running them on different computers or by transferring them separately.
- Neither you nor your users may rent, lease, commercially host or lend any copy of the software.
- Neither you nor your users may reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law despite this limitation.
- Neither you nor your users may make copies of the software and distribute them on media to your student users.
- In order to run any version of a Microsoft Windows operating system you or your users must have a valid license for a Microsoft Windows operating system on each PC on which the software is run.
- Software licensed to the US Government pursuant to solicitations issued on or after December 1, 1995 are licensed with the rights and restrictions described in these License Agreement and your Campus Agreement or School Agreement. Software licensed to the US Government pursuant to solicitations issued prior to December 1, 1995 are licensed with "Restricted Rights" as provided for in FAR, 48 CFR 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987) or DFAR, 48 CFR 252.227-7013 (OCT 1988), as applicable. You are responsible for ensuring that copies are marked with the "Restricted Rights Notice" or "Restricted Rights Legend," as required. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in your agreement.
The software is of US-origin. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to this software, including the US Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by US and other governments.
- Distributing Media
- To Your Faculty and Staff. You may acquire the quantity of media as necessary to distribute the software to your faculty and staff. All media must be acquired from a Microsoft approved fulfillment source. You may also copy the media acquired from a Microsoft approved fulfillment source for your faculty and staff users only. All copies must be true and complete copies (including copyright and trademark notices).
- To Your Students. If you elect the student option in the subscription order form, your students' access to media must be restricted and regulated by you. All media for your student users must be acquired from a Microsoft approved fulfillment source. Media for some software available to your students contains a product activation that limits the number of installations. Your reseller can identify software that contains product activation.
- Work at Home Rights.
During the licensed period, your faculty and staff users who are licensed: (i) to use Microsoft Office at school, have the right to run one copy on a home PC that they own or lease, for school-related purposes only; and (ii) to access Microsoft BackOffice or Core Client Access License at school, have the right to access from a home PC that they own or lease, for school-related purposes only.
- Limited Software Warranty.
We warrant to you that the software will perform substantially in accordance with our published user documentation. This warranty is valid for a period of 90 days from the date of our confirmation letter to you confirming your order for the software. Any warranties imposed by law concerning the software (if any) are limited to the same 90 day period. The warranty is not applicable if failure of the software has resulted from accident, abuse or misapplication. If you notify us within the warranty period that the software does not meet this warranty, then we will, at our option and without further obligation, either (i) return the price paid, or (ii) repair or replace the software. This is your exclusive remedy for breach of this warranty. Technical or other product support for the software is not provided under your agreement, but can be purchased separately should you choose.
Your rights are personal to you and as a result you may not transfer or otherwise assign your agreement or your rights or obligations under your agreement to any third party, except by our express prior written consent.
- Transfers to Graduating Higher Education Students. If you elect the student option in your subscription order form under the Campus Agreement program, you may at any time during the licensed period transfer the right to run the software to a graduating student, upon such student's graduation from your institution. You must provide each graduating student with a student license confirmation (attached as Exhibit 1 to your subscription order form). In addition, you must secure from each such graduating student their acceptance of the terms of the student license confirmation and the license rights. Upon acceptance of such terms, their right to run the software identified in the license confirmation becomes perpetual.
- Term and Termination.
These license rights become effective on the date of our letter to you confirming your order for software as specified in the applicable subscription order form and continue during the stated licensed period, unless earlier terminated as provided in the general terms and conditions. These license rights may be terminated as provided in the general terms and conditions.
- Effect of Termination and Licensed Period Expiration. Users' running of the software is subject to the terms of your agreement. Your users are only licensed to run the software during the licensed period. If your agreement is terminated, you do not submit a subscription order form prior to the expiration of the licensed period, or you purchase perpetual licenses for the software, then all software run as a result of your agreement must be deleted at the time that the licensed period expires or is otherwise earlier terminated. If you do not submit a new subscription order form at the end of the licensed period for an existing subscription order form, you must make reasonable efforts to ensure that your faculty and staff users delete and remove (i) copies of Microsoft Office from the temporary ram (RAM) and permanent memory (e.g., hard disk), and (ii) access to Microsoft BackOffice or Core Client Access License (e.g., disconnect access to Microsoft servers), from their home PCs used under the work at home rights, at the end of the licensed period.
- Notice Information.
We will send any notices to the contact and locations you list on your subscription order form(s). You will notify us in writing, using our notices contact information, if your address or the contact information that you provide in your subscription order form(s) changes. We will notify you in writing if our address or contact information changes.
6100 Neil Road
Reno, Nevada 89511-1137, USA
Phone Number: (775) 823-5600
Fax Number: (775) 826-7287
All NOTICES should have copy to:
Law & Corporate Affairs
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, Washington 98052
Attn: Education Sales Group License Rights